Wellington is New Zealand’s capital city and one of the most picturesque.
Wellington is known as New Zealand’s arts and cultural capital and if you enjoy the arts this is the place to visit. Visit the galleries, go and see the world-class New Zealand Symphony Orchestra or the Royal New Zealand Ballet. Keep an eye out for the public sculpture or follow the Writers’ Walk along the waterfront. Here you will find Te Papa Tongarewa. Te Papa, as it’s colloquially known, means ‘our place’ and it presents New Zealand’s story through art and interactive display. Te Papa is a must visit. Wellington has a vibrant café scene and some of the best restaurants in the country. It’s a city that enjoys fine food and great coffee!
- Paraparaumu Beach
- Royal Wellington
- Visit the Te Papa Museum followed by a tour of Parliament.
- Enjoy superb coffee and a relaxed vibe in the inner city cafes.
- Take the Wellington Cable Car to the Botanic Gardens and the Carter Observatory.
- Dine at Logan Brown, one of New Zealand’s finest restaurants.
- Take a tour of the Weta Cave Workshop.